The holidays are a time of relishing and splurging. You want to spend them doing things that calm your nerves down or things that make you feel like yourselves after days of working at a stretch (we’ve all been through that). And that’s what you should do. After regular intervals, you should make it a point to dedicate some time to pamper your body and provide the composure it requires.
Considering the aforementioned, Christmas time needs some special acknowledgment of the stress your mind and body go through because we want the day nothing less than perfect. There are a number of things going on in our heads and our anxiety levels go shooting through the roof. This calls for you to take some time out to pamper your body, the way it deserves. Here’s our guide to have the perfect Christmas eve pamper routine right at home, that will make you have a charged up Christmas the next day.
- Relaxing music – Before you begin with the routine, first and the foremost, put on some good music. Take our word for it, it will simply boost your entire process. You may check out some relaxing playlists online to start off with.
- Light some candles – As trivial as this may seem, these little pieces of magic create a certain vibe in the surroundings that will instantly do wonders. So go ahead, light them all.
- A refreshing cup of tea – Peppermint gives a cooling sensation and has a calming effect on the body. Prepare yourself a cup, you can get a quick recipe off the internet. Peppermint tea is good for you and oh so refreshing. If not, there’s always green tea or detox tea that will nearly do the same job.
- Micellar cleansing water – There’s washing your face with soap and water, and then there’s cleansing with micellar water. We don’t realize how important cleansing is. So before you begin with the other products, grab some cotton and take off absolutely any signs of makeup on your face.
- Draw a bath and exfoliate – Grab your candles, music and the tea while you do this. Prepare yourself a nice hot bath. You may use aroma bath bombs or bath salts to enhance your experience. A hot shower will work perfectly fine too. With the help of exfoliating bath gloves, exfoliate your entire body. This helps boost blood circulation and your skin looks firmer. Plus, hot/warm water will open your pores and exfoliation will unclog them.
- Haircare – The next step will be washing your hair with a shampoo. Whichever suits you will work. One thing to be kept in mind is to condition. We fail to understand the importance conditioning your hair holds. Put on a conditioner and leave it on for some time while you relax in the hot water.
- Cleanse and Extract – After you step put out of the bath/shower, you need to cleanse your face again as the water was too hot and left your pores open. Also, the bath water would have become dirty. You may also use this time to extract any whiteheads or small spots you feel popping out.
- Face mask – For the next step, grab a good face mask that works well for you. Ideally, you may want to use a clay mask. Apparently, they work better than peel-off masks or mask sheets. Put it on for the required time. You may lay down and relax listening to your music while you have it on.
- Moisturize – Once you’re done with your face care, moisturize your face and entire body. If you have dry skin, put on a thick consistency lotion and face cream. If your skin is oily to normal, put on a lightweight moisturizer. This again is an essential step.
- Put on a fresh sheet – Take off that dirty bed sheet and replace it with a fresh one. You may also want to use some pillow mist to give you a relaxed night’s sleep. If you don’t own some pillow mist already, we bet you won’t be disappointed when you do.
- Don’t forget your hands – Last but certainly not the least, nourish your hands. Apply your preferred hand cream after you’re done with all the steps and right before you sleep. After all, your hands deserve special care and they have to accomplish most of the tasks the next day.
The next step needs you to go straight to bed. Brace yourselves for the best night’s sleep of your life. You will not only feel calm and relaxed but will also wake up the next day all fresh and energized, because, hey, it’s going to be a long day!